Designed by Veethemes.com

Favourite Lipsticks







When it comes to lip products, I have always preferred to wear lipstick over lipgloss. Whenever I would wear lipgloss in the past I would always find it annoying on my lips and end up wiping it off maybe it's because of the consistency on my lips, I have just never been a fan of them.

Lipstick's on the other hand, I enjoy wearing, on a daily basis, I like wearing muted colours such as nudes but sometimes when I'm in the mood I would wear a random bold colour but that is very rare and more apparent during warmer months. I should really try and be braver and try out more random colours regularly, but we shall see about that!!!

But for now, these are the lipsticks that are my current favourites. 




1. Snob, by Mac Cosmetics, this lipstick I really like as it feels really creamy and is so easy to apply, which is perfect for early mornings when I tend to be in a rush. The colour of it is a nice blush pinkish colour its really smooth on application and I love the way it smells.




2. Rimmel London, Kate Moss 43, let me start by saying that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the crown detail on the packaging which makes me so happy whenever I use the Lipstick, I think it's so cute. The colour of it is a nice brownish nude colour which is practical to use on the daily as it is subtle and not in your face.

The finish of the lipstick is shiny but not too shiny if that makes any sense, which is not what I would normally go for in a lipstick as I prefer to use Matt lipsticks but for some reason, it works for me when it comes to this lipstick.

And the smell of it is incredible, if its not obvious the way a lipstick smells is a big thing for me, personally I don't care how good a lip product is if it doesn't smell good then I refuse to use it. I think make up brands should make sure their lip products smell good as there being applied on people's faces and no one wants to put on a lipstick that smells bad or funky.

 Anyways back to the lipstick, I like the way it applies on the lip and it is easy to apply, however when its on my lips I feel it tends to be quite sticky and also another downfall is that it does not last long, but with regular, application through the day it stays on fine.


 3. Yves Saint Laurent, Rouge Pur Couture  No. 45, This is by far the best lipstick I have ever smelt, other lipstick companies should take note!!

The smell is incredible I can't even describe the smell, if you know the smell then you know, if not go and smell one. Aside from the amazing smell, the gold packaging it just looks so nice even just to look at, but obviously, that's no the only reason I purchased the lipstick.

The colour is a nice subtle nude, but I also feel that it has some shimmer to it, but not the overwhelming type of shimmer more of a subtle shimmer. Its not a matte finish its more of a wet shiny finish. I would not wear this Lipstick on a daily basis just because I am not that comfortable with having shiny lips all day on a daily basis, however when I am in the mood to change up my lipstick and go for something with a different finish I would reach for this. 

I also feel like this needs to be applied constantly and would have to be quite high maintenance to keep checking on if it stays in place as it has the tendency to slide when I use it, I don't know if this is just an issue for me or for everyone that uses it.



4. Gosh Cosmetics, 003 Matt Antique, Now this lipstick  is EVERYTHING! my most used lipstick out of all of the ones I own. Simply is because it is such a nice every day perfect natural nude for my skin tone. What's so good about this nude is that it works on various skin tones because of the colour pigmentation. 

This lipstick ihighlyly pigmentated and I just love the colour pay off it looks and feels so good on the skin I really like the colour and how it appears on my lips. I have purchased this lipstick numerous times and I think it will always be a staple product in my make up collection (well, for now). 





5. On days that I feel in a more daring mood I tend to go for a bright orange as I think it looks best on me especially during warmer months. I like Kiko lipsticks because there not that expensive and they have nice packaging (Love Anything GOLD).  

There great value for money because they last so long and there are extremely pigmentated and when I apply it, it tends to last me a few hours which is amazing for the type of lipstick it is. Also, many matte lipsticks tend to dry out the lips especially in colder months and even without using any lip balm underneath it always applies smoothly.


6. KYLIE, KYLIE, KYLIE, Just in case you didn't know (which you probably do) Kylie Jenner has launched her own make-up range. So at first I was not really bothered about it until I kept watching youtube videos and reading about the products online, and they claimed that the lipstick stays on for a really long time and has amazing staying power. Then I thought to myself let me see what the fuss is about, so I waited for my email of when they were back in stock online, it was a BIG struggle to find a lipstick in stock (probably because of her obsessed fans) almost nothing was in stock. 

I would have preferred a nude colour to try but obviously, there were out of stock so I was stuck with the decision to get 22 or nothing, so instead of nothing I got 22, even though I hate how reddish lipstick looks on me. Then the arrival of the product took ages as it was coming from America which was understandable to a point. So after a few long-ass weeks it finally came.

I really like the packaging of the product it looked cute, but the annoying lip liner that came with it was just so pointless. I think I used it a few times and it kind of broke with the inside parts of it coming out (so annoying). But obviously, I was not fussed about it because I was most excited about the actual matte lip product.

Finally, I took the chance of trying a red colour and actually leaving it on for the whole day (I usually hate red colours on me). And I can say for a fact that this is probably the first reddish colour I feel comfortable wearing. I really like how its not too too red more of a orange red which is perfect for me, the application of this is kind of annoying because if you fail to outline your lip shape properly it takes ages to correct as this stuff does not come off easily.

The staying power of this lipstick is AMAZING!! it will seriously stay on all day without touching up no matter what you do with your lips (eating, drinking). Normally when I eat and I have lipstick on I have to wipe it off but not with this because it seriously does not budge till you use make- up remover.

All in all KYLIE did good with this one!



7. Ariana Grande launched her Viva Glam Collection with Mac Cosmetics, the only product I wanted to try from the collection was the lipstick because of the unique colour. The colour is a very dark burgandy which is almost even a blackish colour.

Now for a fact, I would never wear this lipstick on a day to day basis it is way too out there for an everyday vibe. But if I'm in the mood to then I will I have actually never worn the lipstick outside because whenever I apply it I always tend to change my lipstick to a less out there colour. But as it is currently October it would be perfect to wear on Halloween.



0 comments:

Post a Comment