Designed by Veethemes.com

Review: Mariah Carey for Mac Lipstick (Mcizzie) & Highlighter




When I found out that the vocal powerhouse Mariah Carey collaborated with Mac Cosmetics I just had to check out the collection. On a shopping trip to Westfield (Stratford), I walked past a Mac cosmetics store and straight away the display of the collection caught my eye. Especially the glittery lipsticks so, I just had to buy a lipstick, deciding what one to get was quite hard in the collection there are five shades. I swatched all shades on my hand and it was quite difficult to choose I will insert a picture of all five shades below.


Looking at all the colors I thought I would get a color that I would wear the most but looking back now I wish that I was more daring and get the brown (I GET SO OCC) or the champagne glitter one (BIT OF BUBBLY). Instead, the one I went for was Mcizzle which is more or a cooler nude, when I tried it out on my hand in store the colour was much warmer and I thought it would be a perfect nude for me but after taking it home and trying it on my actual lips the colour looks way too light of a nude for my skin tone. However, I will mix it with another lipstick of mine and get the perfect color for me, even though I do wish I got another color. I absolutely love the packaging of the lipstick it looks so glittery and elegant hence why it drew my attention straight away and the cute butterfly detail on the top of this lipstick is soo cute!!! 







I love that Mariah did a collaboration with Mac and out of all the collaborations I've seen Mac do with celebrities this one has to be my favorite packaging wise as it is so glittery. (I am hoping that in the future they will collaborate in tribute to the late Aaliyah, that would be my make up dream).


The highlighter also caught my eye as it had a cartoon version of Mariah Carey (the same one from her Heartbreaker music video). I looked at the highlighter and I just had to get it just for the fact that the packaging looked so damn soo cute to me. 










The actual color of the highlight is a golden brown color which is perfect for my skin color this is due to my skin tone becoming much lighter lately as I've sadly been away from the sun for such a long time which has made me have to go a couple shades lighter with my beloved Estee Lauder Double wear foundation. The highlight works great as a bronzer for me and has helped me become accustomed to using a lighter foundation in comparison to the one I was using before, I normally use the product on the top of my eyelids, the top of my cheekbones & the tip of my nose. 

Overall I love both of my purchases from the collection and wish I purchased more which I probably will as I have my eye on the makeup brush and if I find it online I will definitely be buying it. Anyhow, I am an obvious fan of Mariah Carey and her music, so just for fun, I'm going to insert a few of her videos that I love below so check them out!!!!!








These are just a few of the songs I love, there is sooo much more !!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment