Designed by Veethemes.com

The City Of Nador, Morocco !!!!



My love for this city is indescribable I remember travelling to the city since I was a young girl as both my parents are from there. I amazed at how beautiful the city is and always wondered why it wasn't turned into a popular tourist destination, it is relatively a small city and is south of the city Mellia, Spain which is accessible by foot from Nador. To get to the city of Mellia from Nador is just a small walk for some residents all they have to do is show their passports at the Spanish passport control and enter the Spanish city.



This is very convenient for both Mellia and Nador as they can travel to and from each other easily. I have ways thought that if Nador had more attention and facilties to become a popular tourist destination it would be very successful for tourism. The city offers such beautiful scenery personally my favorite part of the city is the beautiful Sidi Ali area especially in recent years as it has been developed as part of the Marchica development plan which is set to be completed by 2020. The plan consists of quality tourism as well as sustainable development.

Part of the development of the city is the relatively new hotel Mercure RIF Nador it is one of the best hotels located in the city overlooking the Mediterranean sea and offers a beautiful swimming pool over looking the ocean. Another great hotel is the Apart Hotel Le Select which is also a popular food and cafe restaurant there are many other small hotels in the city however they are less developed such as Hotel Nakhill & Hotel Ryad. I would recommend going to the more developed hotels as they seem to be cleaner and more up to date.

Here are some pictures of the hotel Mercure RIF and parts of the development project in the city;


In the city there are many places to eat depending on what types of food you want almost every restaurant I have been to in the city offers pizza but there pizza's are quite different from the ones I am used to back in London but there still good in their own way. As I am a huge sushi lover I am glad that the hotel/restaurant Le Select and the Molen restaurant offer ranges of sushi platters I also enjoy having their Caesar salad just because I am obsessed with Caesar salad in general.  For burger spots there are many across the city and in the recent years a MC Donald's franchise has opened in the city which I am glad about as in London there are no Halal branches and they also have a different menu in the Nador branch in comparison to the UK ones I am used to. Also for desserts the cafes offer great desserts such as ice cream and pan cakes, but there is also a cute small dessert place called Smile that has great cheesecakes. And of course there are many traditional Moroccan food based restaurants with Moroccan cuisine but I don't really visit them as I prefer to eat traditional meals made by family members or my mother.

These are some picture of the food I have taken during some of my time in the city;



In terms of beaches the city has a few such as Charrana & Bocana beach beaches are relatively full of people during the summer time due to obvious reasons and they have great views and sand with sea shells the beaches are great for swimming in, fishing and doing water activities.


I really love my city, its quite a small quiet city but I am interested to see how the city will change and develop in the next few years. I am pretty sure that it will become a popular tourist destination.





0 comments:

Post a Comment