Designed by Veethemes.com

Review: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (Barcelona)

My skin is normal /sensitive and I have been using the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation for many years. However recently, it has stopped working so well with my skin I feel that at times it separates and I have no idea why it separates and starts looking patchy throughout the day. I have also become lighter so the color I was using which was shell beige is too dark for me. So I decided to try out a new foundation.

And as I have come across many raving reviews about Nars Sheer Glow I decided to go to my local Debenhams and get color matched. The women at the Nars counter knew immediately that my match was Barcelona which she also said is there most popular shade.




The color I was matched with suits my skin perfectly, and this is has been hard for me as my skin changes tone easily due to the weather/season. I normally apply the foundation with a beauty blender or a real techniques stippling brush out of the two I like the beauty blender more as it gives more of a flawless finish. I love the fact that the foundation has a dewy finish but can also be made matte by applying a powder over it, I like it dewy because it just looks like skin with a hint of glow which I adore. I have only applied this foundation without a primer as I am so used to skipping using primer because my old foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) would stay on all day without the use of one and I must say that it does not have the longevity of my old foundation, but I will try it with a foundation and see if it makes any difference. Without a primer, I would say for me the foundation starts to fade away after six hours of wear.

For an everyday use, this foundation is perfect for me as it gives my skin the glow it needs however recently I have been giving my skin a break from makeup because I feel like my skin just needs to breathe. But when I get back into wearing foundation more often this is definitely the foundation I will be reaching for in the months to come.  

One thing that annoyed me about this aswell as my Estee Laurder Double Wear foundation is that it does not come with a pump and I always forget to purchase a pump so I end up just pouring it out on the back of my hand. Which is unhygienic, messy and annoying I must remember to purchase a pump!! But apart from this I currenty love everything about this foundation and I am glad that I gave it a try. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment