Designed by Veethemes.com

How to lock your lip colour for longer

No matter how expensive or good my lipstick is it always tends to rub off or get smudged during the day this is really annoying especially when i'm at a special event or wedding. I have realised that there are a few ways of locking the lipstick colour for longer which are not at all expensive I have listed them below:


1. Exfoliate



In addition to exfoliating your face it is also essential to exfoliate your lips to get rid of any dead skin ensuring there are smooth and soft. Without exfoliating your lips they will start to become flaky this affects any product that goes on to your lips as the base is not exfoliated, this is why with unexfoliated lips any lipgloss or lipstick put on it will look bad and come off straight away when drinking from a glass or eating food.

Having exfoliated lips is easy as you can use any lip scrub, The Body Shop have really nice ones that are flavoured. But if you do not have one or are on a low budget you can use some of your face scrub on your lips as it works in the same way. Another good tip is using a warm wash-cloth and patting it on your lips everyday, exfoliating your lips is simple and can make any lip product last longer.


2. Prime


Priming your lips helps prepare your lips for any product that goes on them, I like to use lip balm before I put on any other lip product the lip balm I am loving at the moment is EOS in purple passion fruit. You can also prepare your lips by putting a layer of foundation over the as it helps lock in the colour as well as enhance the lipstick colour, another option is using professional lip primers one that I have enjoyed using in the past is the Topshop's Women's Lip Primer In Everlast I have noticed when using a professional lip primer my lips feel more hydrated resulting in my lipstick colour lasting longer.

3. Line

Lip liner is a great way of keeping lipstick in check making sure that it does not smudge on to other parts of your face and ruin your make up. The Lip Liner I am currently love using is the Dr. Hauschka in the colour 06 Aubergine I use the lip liner to fill in any gaps on my lips I also like using it to make my lips look fuller and more plumper I use this lip liner everyday. On days I want to have a more dramatic lip look I use my Illamasqua colouring pencil in the colour Power which is shown in the above picture.

4.Lip Stain


Lip stains are another good way of keeping your lip colour locked and sealed for longer, they are also waterproof which means they are great in the summer time on the beach. Some lip stains can last to up to six hours which is amazing as you won't need to touch up all the time or worry about it smudging.

Everyones lips are different and these tips may work better some some and no some well for others, give them a try and decide what's best for your lips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment